There is few answers to your Questions
Q1. Aim of BBA Program ?
Q2. What is industrial training ?
Q3. Motive of Industrial training ?
Q4. Key steps towards starting industrial training in a company ?
Q5. Before industrial training ?
Q6. During Industrial training ?
Q7. After Industrial training ?
Q8. Report writing ?
Q9. Do’s and Don’ts of Report writing ?
Q10. Viva/Presentation Preparation ?
Q11. Marks allocation and importance of Grades ?
“The transition of nothing-to-something is natural one, not requiring any agent. Since the creation of universe, everything is continuously changed. Change is the law of nature so change not because the world want you to change to let the world learn that he still have to know a many things about you.”
Let’s take education system as an example, in earlier phase education system is limited to public sector only but nowadays education system has upgraded to a new level in both public as well as in private sector. Parents are more aware about the role of education in their children’s life. Quality of education becomes the need of an hour. With the need of professionals by the industry the course called Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) born in the field of professional education.
BBA is professional program offered by different colleges or universities where the learner get the knowledge of fundamental concepts of management which includes general management, marketing management, human resource management, finance management and strategic management.
Apart from this, learners have opportunity to get knowledge about economics and business environment. Brief detail of business law and research methodology in technical subject named as Computer Application in Business.
Moreover, we can say that Bachelor of Business Administration provides the fundamental base for Master of Business Administration.
Aim of BBA Program:
- To impart professional management education to deal with competitive world.
- Objective of this academic Bachelor’s program is to develop the student’s intellectual capacity, executive personality and managerial skills.
- To prepare students for successful business careers in global economy.
- To make learners to become responsible and contributing members of the community.
- On the successful completion of the BBA, graduates will be able to develop leadership skills, creativity and entrepreneurship.
- Students will exhibit understanding of broad business concepts and principles.
- Further study in advanced level programs in management field.
What is Industrial training?
Industrial training plays vital role in BBA program because it not only provides the knowledge about project and report writing but it also helps students to get practical knowledge about the business industry.
Industrial training provides the platform for the learners to approach the industry and get the practical knowledge about the theoretical concepts they have studied in their academic syllabus and current business scenario.
Learners have the opportunity to get deal with real projects as per their area of interest. For instance, if students have choose marketing as a major subject while their training then they have opportunity to do marketing survey in particular company to analyze the productivity of company.
After successful completion of their industrial training learners are able to develop interpersonal skills, decision making skills, time management skills, leadership skills, team work, interviewing skills, stress management empathy and good communication skills.
Students are suggested to do industrial training with at least three subjects Marketing, Human Resource and Finance, which will help them to get in-depth understanding of the concepts and their existence in corporate world.
On the completion of industrial training, the learners of BBA program have to make project report and presentation. During the viva, students have to answers the questions asked by the panel of experts from their respective universities.
Motive of industrial training:
- To provide comprehensive learning platform to students where they can enhance their employ ability skills and become job ready along with real corporate exposure.
- To provide learners hands on practice within a real job situation.
- It also provides students a good opportunity to gain full awareness about industrial practices.
- Industrial training bridges the gap between theoretical training in real life environment.
- Students are able to better identify their prospective areas of work in the overall organizational function.
- It also broadens the outlook of students with exposure to different workforce from different industries.
Key steps towards starting industrial training in a company:
- Start early: Most students will be looking for industrial training that take place over the summer and deadlines for these usually close in January and February. If you leave it to the last minute, you will seriously narrow your options, leaving speculative applications or placements which come up at short notice.
- Take a proactive approach to get registered in reputed company for industrial training: Social media provides great platform to communicate with range of people, even potential employers. Rather than making contact through online sites, a well-written letter or email to the right person is more likely to get you noticed.
- Students are required to get permission letter to be the part of industrial training.
Following are steps to be followed to approach the company:
- Prepare your permission letter.
- Take appointment of concerned person.
- Be on time to visit at industry.
- Collect your queries.
- Check placement records of the company.
- Don’t hurry to talk everything at a time.
- Listen authority with patience doesn’t feel anxiety.
- If permission is granted then don’t be over excited.
- If permission is not granted then don’t be panic.
- Thank the industry official.
Flow diagram: How to approach the company
Before the industrial training:
Following points should be kept in mind before visiting industry:-
- Prepare your permission letter under the supervision of an expert or with the help of concerned faculty from your institute.
- Do a phone call to make an appointment with concerned person before your visit.
- Go and collect your enquiry on scheduled date.
- While meeting HR or concerned person, give your gentle introduction like your name, which institute you are representing and what are the objectives of doing industrial training.
- Get brief detail about your module.
- Also ask them about the live projects. If they are actually dealing with live projects then it must be reflected by their way of communication.
- Must check the placement records of the company.
During Industrial training:
The motive of industrial training is to expose students to real work of environment experience and at the same time, to gain the knowledge through hands on observation and job execution. During the industrial training, the students will also develop skills in work ethics, communication, time management and many more.
Every industry has its own organizational system developed over the years of experience. Discipline from the normal practice expected to be followed and do your best to adopt yourself to the system prevailing in the concerned industry.
During industrial training the students required to follow some of the following points:
- You must report on time to the concerned organization on the specified joining date.
- Utilize your time appropriately to gain the best knowledge regarding your project because it is the worth time period of career.
- Learners required following the criteria of leaves as per the conditions of organization.
- Your behavior under all circumstances should be that of a responsible employee and your conduct should be exemplary.
- If you are getting any difficulty regarding training, concern with your trainer and if you are not getting the solution then you may approach officer in charge of your training program.
- Trainee should be keen to learn and maintain high standards and quality of work.
- The student should take the initiative to do work as training is the only time where you can get maximum exposure.
- You should take relevant reading material in the form of reference and text with you.
During industrial training, the student of BBA program required to collect the following major four area related information:
- General information of the industry.
- Marketing Department information.
- Human Resource Department.
- Finance Department.
After Industrial Training:
After successful completion of industrial training students are required to follow these following tasks:
- First send a thanks letter to the training in charge and a copy to personnel officer for providing permission and his/her valuable time and inputs.
- After this you are require to collect the certificate of completion of industrial training which is mandatory for all universities.
- Certificate should be in the same format as defined by the institute/ university.
- Gather all the data, make a soft copy & arrange it in a proper sequence and prepare the project report according to guidelines of respected university or college.
- Once the Industrial project report is prepared, send it to the concerned faculty guide of your institute for evaluation and corrections.
- After the evaluation and corrections has done, you are required to prepare a final copy of the report.
- In the final copy you are required to attach the copy of original certificate of industrial training.
- Project report must be attested by the respected organization where you have done industrial training.
- Prepare the report in multiple copies as if it required to submit at different places like one copy for the Industry, one copy for the University, one copy for college/Institute and one copy for your own self as it required to be present in future during interview for any job as you are going to mention this project in your resume.
Industrial training report is an important document to each of the students. It is a document with the activities that have been learned throughout the industrial training. One excellent work would mean nothing if it can’t be reported in a statement that is excellent. Therefore, writing reports require special attention of every student to be able to follow each set of instruction and can meet the needs of an institution. Each student will be grateful to be able to prepare this report in timely manner and can generate a report that includes all the parts that have been learned during the time period of industrial training. Among the advantages and benefits to be obtained for this report are:
- The objective of this report is to document all activities that have been carried during the period of industrial training for six months.
- This report helps students to get excellent grades in final year of their degree. Because final year’s evaluation has done on the basis of project, project report, presentation and performance in the external viva which is conducted by experts of respective university.
- It can be used as a reference by prospective employers during a later interview.
- Enable students to think and remember what you have learned and have practiced during industrial training.
Common elements of report:
The project report may contain the following elements. It may vary as per the guidelines of respective universities.
- Title page
- Company profile
- Objective of industrial training
- Table of contents
- Contents/Discussion (detail about industrial training)
- Bibliography and References
- Annexure /Appendices
Do’s and Don’ts of Report Writing:
The following are the do’s and don’ts of report writing that must be keep in mind:
- Choose a font size that is not too small or too large i.e 12 is a normally good font size to use.
- Acknowledgement need not be a separate page, except in the final report. In fact, you could just drop it altogether for the first and second stage reports. Your guide already knows how much you appreciate his/her support. Express your gratitude by working harder instead of writing a flowerily acknowledgement.
- Make sure that your paragraphs have some indentation and that it is not too large. Refer to some text books or journal papers if you are not sure.
- If figures, equations or trends are taken from some reference, the reference must be cited right there, even if you have cited it earlier.
- The Correct way of referring to a figure is Fig. 5 or Fig. 1.5 (note that there is a space after Fig.) The same applies to Section, Equation, etc. (e.g. Sec. 2,Eq.3.2).
- Cite a reference as, for example, “The threshold voltage is a strong function of the implant dose .”Note that there must be a space before the bracket.
- Follow some standard format while writing references. For example you could look up IEEE transaction issue and check out the format for journal papers, books, conference papers, etc.
- Do not type references (for that matter, any titles or captions) entirely in capital letters. About the only capital letters required are :
- The First Letter of a name Acronyms.
- The First Letter of the title of an Article.
- The First Letter of a sentence.
- The order of references is very important. In the list of your references, the first reference must be the one which is cited before any other references, and so on. Also, every reference in the list must be cited at least once (this also applies to figures). In handling reference and figure numbers, Latex turns out to be far better than word.
- Do not make one line paragraph.Always add a space after a full stop, comma, colon, etc.
- Do not add space before a full stop, comma, colon etc.
- Do not use “&”; write “And” instead.
- Whenever in doubt, look up a text book or journal paper to verify whether your grammar and punctuation are correct.
- Do a spell check before you print out your document.
- Above all, be clear. Your report must have a flow, i.e. the reader must be able to appreciate continuity in the report. After the first reading, the reader should be able to understand
(i) Overall theme.
(ii) What is new in this report.
Presentation of a report is also as important as preparing the project report. All students will be asked to submit the power point presentation on a CD along with the two hard bind copies of training project report on the day of presentation. So while preparing presentation students need to focus on the following issues:
- What is the purpose of the report and the matter on which the presentation has to focus?
- The Mode and media of presentation
- Extent of coverage and Depth to address at
- Time, Place and Cost associated with presentation
- Audio – Visual Aids intended to be used.
During the Viva following points need to be taken care:
- Listen to the question being asked by the member of viva panel.
- If two or more persons are there for taking viva than start giving answer with who asked the question and then look also to others seating there as viva panel members.
- Be prepared for any type of questions even may be they ask from outside the report or very common type questions.
- If you don’t have the idea regarding the question’s asked by the viva panel member then in place of giving wrong answer it is better to directly say sir I don’t have idea about this question’s answer.
- Thank all the panel members and wish them have a nice day sir / madam.
Marks allocation Format:
INDUSTRIAL TRAINING GRADE DISTRIBUTION.
( Evaluation Scheme )
( upto – 2015 batch )
|1. DAILY DAIRY –||100 marks||100 marks||200 marks|
|2. PERFORMANCE REPORT||100 marks||100 marks||200 marks|
|3. PRESENTATION||100 marks||100 marks||200 marks|
|4. VIVA VOICE EXAM||50 marks||50 marks||100 marks|
|5. PROJECT REPORT||150 marks||150 marks||300 marks|
|Total||500 marks||500 marks||1000 marks|
|INDUSTRIAL TRAINING Total – 1000 Marks|